Amy K. Petriello
I majored in Journalism at Loyola University of Maryland, then received a post-grad diploma in Graphic Design at Auckland University of Technology in New Zealand. After living and working in New Zealand for three years, I came back home to New York.
For me, the words and message come first. Design is a way to communicate your story visually. Having a background in both text and imagery, I can successfully concept a plan for your brand or publication to showcase itself. I particularly love rebranding and relaunching. The challenge of thinking of a new way to solve a problem and freshening up a brand or publication is exciting!
Some career highlights:
- Developing the U.S. brand guidelines for the largest DIY fashion and sewing content/e-commerce site in the world, BurdaStyle.com, which has over half a million registered members and 7 million pageviews a month.
- While at art and culture magazine American Artist, I led the charge to convert the 75-year-old newsstand magazine into an iPad app. I also directed a team of designers and external web developers in designing a Flash-based Adobe AIR app for artists.
- Most recently, I was brought on-board to art direct a 360-degree relaunch and redesign of the flagship Artists Magazine and ArtistsNetwork.com. The first redesigned issue had a 30% increase in sales and each issue since has had a 46% sell-through rate. As part of that project I designed new branding for all products and subbrands, including: magazines, book imprints, video, social media, and shop. I also created a style guide and directed the brand look across print and digital products.
My personal passions include travel, antiquing & interior design, all things food, and Pez collecting.
"Hands-down, the best and most agreeable designer/art director I've ever worked with."
– Brian Riley, Managing Editor, Fine Art, at F+W Media
"To call Amy an efficient worker is a complete understatement; her ability to pull together gorgeous, functional designs that meet every need is astounding. Amy tackles last-minute projects with the same care and productivity, never letting quality slide and not only meeting expectations but exceeding them by suggesting better layouts, better content and better processes based on her natural eye for design and her years of experience. Every project she touches is made better, and every person she interacts with is made happier. I can't recommend Amy highly enough!"
– Mallory Leonard, Managing Editor, Jewelry, at F+W Media
"An excellent designer, with a strong eye for design and terrific all-around taste. She's also extremely efficient, knowledgeable about all the relevant software; and easy to work with."
– Austin Williams, Editor, Fine Art, at F+W Media
"Amy is dedicated to creating beautiful layouts and very professional. She understands deadlines and willing to go the extra mile or 2 to get the job done. Anyone who had her on their stuff would be lucky to work and to know her."
– Julie Lazarus, Art Director at Niche Media.
Powered by Squarespace